ralphy wrote:
> Post '#44'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110640-Howto-create-a-linux-kernel-IR-remote-keytable-for-Jivelite-on-piCorePlayer-5&p=983675&viewfull=1#post983675)
> of this thread explains how to determine which flirc you have and the
> commands necessary to use the flirc with squeezelite directly.  No
> jivelite required.
>
> Try it out.  If you get stuck ask here and someone will be happy to
> help.

Thanks - I did try those, I found after originally posted, but got stuck
on

$ sudo /usr/local/sbin/inputlircd -n "flirc.tv flirc" -m 0 -g -r 500

Today I'm getting Command not found, but I was getting something else
yesterday - I'll keep playing, not much else to do today apart from take
decorations down.

With JiveLite install I am guessing I don't need any of the IR parts as
FLIRC is viewed as a USB keyboard (Which I didn't realize until the
earlier reply).

Off Topic - the reason why I am looking at this is my SB2 has semi-died
- see
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?117314-SB2-Display-died-after-power-loss
and we had the SB2 with a 'fuzzy clock" which is now missed by the
family - if I went with a small display on the Pi is there an equivalent
display option for when nothing is playing?

Many thanks