Faizan,

+1 for a minimal diff 2.5.3.1 security release.

I think an inclination to prioritize getting out the simplest possible release including this critical security fix is sound.  Simplest Thing That Could Possibly Work and all that.

As you note, there are a number of changes latent in 2-5-patches targetted for a 2.5.4, including a significant JSR-168 support improvement courtesy Cris Holdorph.  Getting a 2.5.4 release out sometime is probably therefore also a worthy goal, maybe depending on how steep the upgrade path to 2.6 is felt to be.

Andrew

Hi! again!!

I just looked at the current rel-2-5-patches head and the rel-2-5-3-GA. A quick compare gave me a significant number of differences between both code bases. That means there have been several changes that went in on 2-5-patches branch sine the release of rel-2-5-3-GA. These changes are targeted to rel-2-5-4 as JIRA pointed out.
Here is what I am thinking in present situation

-Branch of from tag rel-2-5-3-GA  (I will call branch name rel-2-5-3-patches)
-Apply the security patch in this branch and also in the head of rel-2-5-patches.

The tag "rel-2-5-3-1" will be done on the newly created branch (2-5-3-patches).

I will wait till 1330 EST to wait for any negative response. If I do not get any negative response about my plan by then, then I will execute my plan as I have mentioned above.

Thanks.

Faizan

--
Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG with Altitude: June 24-27, 2007 in Denver, CO USA.

Featuring keynotes by: Phil Windley, Matt Raible, Matt Asay
Sessions on topics including: CAS, uPortal, Portlets, Sakai, Identity Management, and Open Source

For more information & registration visit: http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/07summer/index.html
---
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]