Hi Eric,

I'd rather see the multithreaded code deprecated, since whatever the advantages of removing it, it raises the cost of migration for quite a few current implementors.

I've written a couple of multithreaded channels for local use at Columbia, at least one of which is still running. If I remember correctly, some of the Announcements channel variants are IMultithreadedChannels.

    Dan

Eric Dalquist wrote:
With the basic Spring re-org done the next task on the block is reviewing and removing deprecated code from the framework. There is a Jira issue http://www.ja-sig.org/issues/browse/UP-1832 of course and you can peak at the Fisheye tab to see what has been done so far.

One large set of files that is deprecated is everything related to multithreaded channels. I would like to get opinions of people on if this code should be out-right removed for a uPortal 3.0 release or is it ok to remain in the codebase but be deprecated?

Thank you,
-Eric

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL