Any thoughts on these suggestions Dan?

-Eric

Eric Dalquist wrote:
I'd actually like to suggest a 3rd arrangement. The maven project structure I think would work best initially would be:

gap-parent
+-gap-api
+-gap-impl
+-gap-uPortal2-api

I'm actually working on doing the api/impl split on person directory right now and I think that will open up some more options for making these services available to portlets and other applications. For GAP the -api module would contain all of the public APIs a GAPs client would need to use to access the system. Hopefully it would completely or mostly be interfaces and all of the implementation code and group service code ends up in -impl.

I can provide some direct help doing this via the IRC channel, do you have a branch in SVN where this work is happening?

-Eric

Dan Ellentuck wrote:
Hi Eric, et. al.,

I've spent quite a few hours experimenting with various maven project structures for GAP and have come up with 2 options:

. a single project containing all the code, with a custom packaging phase to create the individual jars we want:

    gap-full.jar (does not contain uportal2 api)
    gap-common.jar
    gap-groupsCore.jar
    gap-groupServices.jar
    gap-permissions.jar
    gap-uportal2-api.jar

. a parent project with 2 sub-projects, one for all of the org.jasig.gap code (with a custom packaging phase) and one for the uPortal2 api:

    gap
      gap-core
      gap-uPortal2-api

I'd like your opinion. I suspect that a single project is clearest and easiest to work with, but using a parent project with 2 sub-projects removes the uPortal2 dependency from GAP, and this seems desirable.

Thanks for your help,

   Dan