I'm going to go and document this in the manual tomorrow as I think this has been the biggest question so far.

The two places you need to make changes are:

In uportal-impl/src/main/resources/properties/security.properties
-If you want to keep using the embedded CAS server you need to update the logoutRedirect.root and org.jasig.portal.channels.CLogin.CasLoginUrl properties appropriately. -If you want to use the uPortal login channel read the instructions in the "Local Only Authentication" block.

In /uPortal_trunk/uportal-war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
-Change the value of the edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.filter.proxyCallbackUrl init-param at line 94.

I hope that helps. I'll be adding a page about this to the uPortal 3 manual tomorrow.

If you have any suggestions on places we should document this or provide links to the documentation that is much appreciated. One of the hardest parts for us devs is figuring out where to put what information to make things the easiest for people.

Thanks for testing!
-Eric

Jen Bourey wrote:
The sign in link on the left hand side is set to the value of the "org.jasig.portal.channels.CLogin.CasLoginUrl" property specified in the security.properties file.

- Jen

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Vangel V. Ajanovski <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) wrote:
    > Hmmm... possible, but I think a possible security concern (I know on
    > the CAS list Andrew has posted a number of times on this topic), and
    > there's always concerns about defaulting to an insecure scenario. I
    > think the most common scenario for the quickstart is downloading
    to a
    > desktop computer, though I could be mistaken. I assume you're
    looking
    > to deploy it out to a test server?
    I have a quad-core server with 4GB and 15krpms sas where I run
    development and testing. And I have a centrino 1.7 lapop with
    512mb. Of
    course it's better to do it on the server :)

    Unfortunately it was not possible for me to find where to change the
    Sign-in link.
    I changed web.xml and security properties and still nothing.
    I did a recursive grep and there were at least 20 locations where
    localhost:8080 was mentioned and I changed every one that looked
    relevant.
    I must be missing something and I don't know what.

    --
    Join your friends and colleagues at JA-SIG 2008 - "Higher
    Education Solutions: The Community Source Way!"

    Featuring CAS, DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai,
    uPortal, and more!
    Information/Registration at:
    http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html

    You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org