+1

Drew Wills wrote:
Hey folks,

I'd like to make a modest enhancement to DLM. I've prepared a JIRA and a patch (attached to JIRA): http://www.ja-sig.org/issues/browse/UP-2117

Here's the description...

*****
DLM already has the ability to remove channels that the user isn't authorized to render from the fragments it manages. Many people appreciate this feature quite a bit; it allows them, for example, to create a single 'Students' tab that contains some content that's only delivered to first-term freshmen.

I'd like to enhance DLM to do the same for the header and footer areas. This change would allow me to place links/tools/content in the header or footer that only authorized (administrative or managerial) users could access.
*****

Here's a more concrete example of how this change will be helpful...

JHU, Gary Thompson, and I just got done creating a portlet for Fragment Administration. It's a channel that gets put in your header area when your layout gets created from your templateUser. But -- based on the enhancement described above -- it will only appear in the UI if you've been authorized to render it.

If it does render, it loops the fragments defined in dlm.xml to evaluate (for each) if you're authorized to edit that fragment. It compiles a list of the fragments you can edit, sorts them, then presents them in a drop-down list at the top of your layout.

When you select a fragment and click the 'Edit' button, you get logged in as that fragment owner (ServletFilter + RemoteUserSecurityContext does the magic).

While you're logged in as the fragment owner, a corresponding FragmentAdminExit portlet appears in your header area. This portlet allows you to click a button and log back in as yourself.

I know JHU is eager to this technology as well.

drew wills

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]