I'm in favor of this change. I do not use the revision numbers for anything specific. I do use the history, that you say will be preserved. Removing empty revisions, makes querying the revision history easier, so big +1 from me as well.

---- Cris J H

Eric Dalquist wrote:
We're getting closer to migrating some services to Jira Studio, with the move I'd like to take the opportunity to filter out a large number of empty revisions from our SVN repository.

We have close to 28000 empty revisions in SVN, they are vestiges of the CVS2SVN import and a few failed imports that were filtered out along the way. No version history, JIRA issue links or file/folder properties would be lost. The end result is instead of being on commit 44480 or so we would be around 16500. Since people will need to check out projects new anyways because of the changed server name I don't think this would be a problem.

I know both uPortal and CAS reference fixes by JIRA id and not rev number but I just wanted to run this by everyone here first.

-Eric

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as:
arch...@mail-archive.com