+1 Jen Bourey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Petro" <ape...@unicon.net>
To: uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:02:15 PM GMT -07:00 U.S. Mountain Time (Arizona)
Subject: [uportal-dev] Nominating Jen Bourey for uPortal Project Steering
Committee

uPortal developers,

I'd like to nominate Jen Bourey as a uPortal developer representative to the
uPortal Steering Committee.

I believe Jen needs no introduction to the community of uPortal committers, but
I'd nonetheless take a moment to remind of her recent and ongoing contributions
to uPortal.

Ohloh credits Jen with more than 200 commits to the uPortal codebase (which
feels awfully low, in part because Jen has been a leader or major contributor
to several Jasig portlet projects, including the Calendar portlet , the
Feedback portlet , and the Tabbed Search portlet ). Jen has given several
popular Jasig conference presentations about uPortal, including on JavaScript
in uPortal 3, on using AJAX to improve the user experience, on uPortal 3
configuration and deployment automation, and on open source portlet incubation.

Jen regularly posts to this developer email list and has answered many
questions on the uportal-user@ email list. She is also regularly available and
active in the uPortal IRC channel.

In short, I believe Jen is eminently qualified to represent uPortal developers
on the uPortal project steering committee and I would expect she would bring
enthusiasm, technical competence, and particularly attention to continuing to
grow the set of portlets and the quality of the user experience in uPortal.

With many thanks to Jen for all her contributions to uPortal,

Andrew