In the spirit of full disclosure, it does (and always did) orphan the rows in the user layout structure until they next login.  Still feels better to me than orphaned more loosely coupled data.
Susan

Eric Dalquist wrote:
This patch looks great, better than the delete layout & user approach which will orphan a bunch of data. We'll see if we can get this into the 3.2 RC

-Eric