There is a current JIRA ticket to address this via WURFL which is both a
capabilities list and an API.
https://issues.jasig.org/browse/UP-2778

In Sakai we implemented a 'switch to classic' link when taken to the mobile
version. We can use similar code for uPortal.

cheers,
Steve

arch...@mail-archive.com