I remember the talking but this is not supported yet. My first impression is that it seems like a neat idea but how do we deal with duplicate header/footer channels? One thought that I've had about DLM would be adding a new dlm:fragmentRoot attribute. This would define what the root element in the fragment owner's layout actually defines the layout fragment for merging. If we had support for a feature like that we could even look at things like subscribing to a column.

-Eric