Community Members,

On behalf of the Jasig Board of Directors, I am writing to announce a
transition in Jasig leadership. Jonathan Markow will be stepping down from
the position of Jasig Executive Director, effective February 28th, 2011.
Jonathan has been an active member of our community for many years, and
has served as Executive Director since January of 2008. He leaves Jasig to
take up the new position of Chief Strategy Officer with DuraSpace.

Back in October, Jasig and the Sakai Foundation jointly announced the
intention to pursue a merger between our two organizations. The Jasig and
Sakai Joint Working Group are continuing to craft a detailed proposal to
be approved by our respective boards and communities over the course of
the next few months. In the meantime, the Jasig Board of Directors will be
appointing an interim Executive Director to assure the operational
continuity of our existing Jasig activities. More details on our interim
appointment will be released soon.

On behalf of the Jasig Board, I would like to thank Jonathan for his years
of service to the Jasig community. Jonathan's enthusiasm and commitment to
Jasig were instrumental in transitioning our organization to a
membership-based model, and his leadership was vital as we released
uPortal 3, continued to strengthen CAS, and added Bedework as a Jasig
sponsored project. His key contributions will be greatly missed as he
moves on to his new endeavours, for which we wish both Jonathan and
DuraSpace all the very best.

Over the next few weeks we will communicate more details about our
transition plans, as well engaging in discussion and dialogue with our
community about our opportunities with the Sakai Foundation. I look
forward to seeing many of you in person at the upcoming Jasig conference
this May in Colorado, and discussing the many exciting and positive
developments in our community over the coming year.

Jens Haeusser
Chair, Jasig Board of Directors

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: