Hey folks,

I just entered a JIRA and posted a patch that would add a new framework portlet to uPortal: Reset My Layout. I'd like to add this item to uP 3.2.x and 3.3.

From the ticket...

*****
Currently (in 3.2.x or earlier) a user can reset his own layout through the DLMUserPreferences channel. But there are a couple problems with this channel:

- (1) It has too much power; it is possible to create a tab (or customize a fragment) such that it renders horribly in Universality - (2) It's a channel, and it's going away in uP 3.3+ due to dropped support for IChannel

I'd like to tap into the existing, webflow-based features for resetting a layout -- currently accessible only by admins -- to provide a new portlet that would allow a user to reset his own layout.

Users probably wouldn't want this portley in their layout permanently, but they could "Use it Now" or (in the future) we could deep-link it from another, more general portlet such as "Manage My Profile."
*****

Please share your thoughts.

drew

--