On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jerry Shipman <je...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> The problem is: if a user comes in to a page other than the login screen
> (e.g. maybe following a bookmark to
> "render.userLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_fname=word-of-the-day" or something), he
> does not get the login button. He just gets a blank screen.
> It may only happen when the user is already authenticated with SSO, but does
> not have a uPortal application session.

I've seen similar in our portal but I have not looked into the cause.
All I'd managed to divine up until now was a theory that it had
something to do with going to a focused view, having the session
expire, and then trying to interact with the focused view and getting
redirected to a focused view of the login screen, which renders
nothing, so you just get portlet framing.

--
Bruce Tong
Software Engineer

--