Hello,

Our guest page has multiple tabs on it that we would like to link directly
to. However if a user attempts to hit that link, they are directed to the
"first" tab in our guest page. We tracked this down to how the
PortalSessionManager servlet handles sessions. In particular, the line
below says "get the session from the request, but don't create one if one
hasn't been established":

        final HttpSession session = writableRequest.getSession(false);

Further down in the code we see that the session is established after the
user has been authenticated and has an identity set.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to establish a session for a guest
in a situation such as ours where we want the ability to directly link to
other tabs in the guest sessions? What are the side-effects of
establishing that session immediately?

Andy

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: