Here we go again.....  :-(
Susan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Important Notice regarding your weather.com XML Data Feed
Date:   Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:46:11 -0500
From:   The Weather Channel <priva...@twcweather.com>
To:     <susan.bramh...@yale.edu>

Can't view this message? Please click here
<http://twcweather.com/twc40/c2.php?TWC/67028607/26989/H/N/V/http://twcweather.com/twc40/wmws/TWC/1318544970034_971/w26988.php?custcode=TWC&bid=67028607&pbid_=67028607>.

Dear Registrant:

We are writing to you because our records indicate that you are a
registered user of the weather.com® XML Data Feed
(http://xoap.weather.com
<http://twcweather.com/twc40/c2.php?TWC/67028607/26990/H/N/V/http://xoap.weather.com>.)

As a valued subscriber, we want to let you know that _*our data feed
service offerings are changing*_. Beginning _*the week of October 10th,
2011*_, we will be launching a new subscription service, */The Weather
Channel® API./ *

The Weather Channel® API is a */subscription offering/* created by The
Weather Channel specifically to provide developers with access to an
*/easy to use weather data feed/* that they can use /*to power
commercial applications*/ across a variety of technology platforms.
*Key Features include:*
*.*     access to the most comprehensive global forecast set available
anywhere
*.*     white label solution (no logo; no links)
*.*     weather data provided by weather.com®
*.*     data may be accessed in either XML or JSON format
*.*     leverages a world class cloud-based Infrastructure
*.*     product support for the world wide web, the mobile web,
downloadable web / PC applications, and downloadable mobile phone /
smart phone applications
*.*     multi-language support for English, Spanish, French, German, &
Portuguese

*What this means to you: *
In order to have access to an XML data feed from The Weather Channel,
you will need to subscribe to The Weather Channel® API. _*This letter
serves as formal notice to you that your access to the weather.com® XML
Data Feed will terminate at midnight Eastern time on October 31, 2011*_.
To evaluate The Weather Channel® API as an alternative to the
weather.com® XML Data Feed, please go to
http://portal.theweatherchannel.com
<http://twcweather.com/twc40/c2.php?TWC/67028607/26991/H/N/V/http://portal.theweatherchannel.com>.

If you have questions concerning this notice, you can call The Weather
Channel at (770) 226-2329 or e-mail us at
theweatherchannel...@weather.com <mailto:theweatherchannel...@weather.com>.
We look forward to continuing our relationship with you.

Best Regards,

*/Scott H. Zucker/ *
Director, Revenue Management & Optimization
The Weather Channel, LLC
Phone: (770) 226-2329
Facsimile: (770) 226-2966
E-mail: theweatherchannel...@weather.com