Andrew

On 01/13/2014 09:17 AM, Andrew Petro wrote:
So, the Favorites portlet needs a meta-fragment into which to shove the
user's favorites.  The meta-fragment doesn't display as a tab, but it
benefits from all the features of DLM for providing users a default set
of Favorites (not entirely clear that we're actually going to provide
any default favorites here at Wisc, but it's a nice feature that falls
out from using DLM fragments for this.)

Is this one portlet (i.e. Favorites) that needs to go on a fragment, or a whole fragment-worth of portlets?

I'm attracted to a convention-over-configuration flavored solution of
naming such meta fragments starting with _ and then filtering out such
fragments in non-meta contexts.

I think we can use just a regular fragment, but place this content within a <folder> element with type=something_besides_regular. (This is an approach/pattern we're already using... see below)

I see some other meta-fragments in trunk that I don't yet understand
(Authenticated?  Resondr?  NonRespondr?).  I'll go understand those
better before the end of Favorites, I'm sure.

Those are for use with Regions. For Respondr, the portlets in those fragments are placed in <folder> elements with type=emergency|highlighted|greeting|etc. Non-"regular" folder types are not rendered in the tab/column area -- they are dropped into regions.

drew

But: is uPortal already doing something interesting to identify and
filter out meta-fragments?  How do others feel about a "meta fragments
start with underscores" approach to make this more convention-driven?

Andrew

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as:
arch...@mail-archive.com