I'd like to discuss the merits of using a CDN for common resources (jQuery, bootstrap, fontawesome, etc.) instead of copying them to the resource server.

CDN
------------
- Users benefit from caching with non-uPortal apps. Helpful in particular for slow-bandwidth connections or devices with greater cache limitations. - We don't have to manage releases of Resource Server for common resources, nor modify pom.xml files to make sure the resource server overlay process copies the files.

Resource Server
- Makes it easier to know what versions of resources are in use so we consolidate on a few versions instead of a plethora of versions

I generally favor the CDN approach; why duplicate what is freely and readily available to us with some extra advantages (potential pre-caching of content by other web sites).

Community thoughts?

--
James Wennmacher - Unicon
480.558.2420