uPortalers,

I got some private feedback that this thread could be taken as offensive,
as pushing participants out.

It wasn't my intent to offend.  Please read this thread as technical and
administrative.

That Team grants push to forty (!!!) repos.  It's a lot of write access.
I'm delighted for collaborators who need that access and who are using it
to make progress happen to have it, of course.  However, I think it's an
essential administrative practice to, from time to time, clean up the
GitHub teams of accounts that don't anticipate needing that level of access.

I laid out in my post several options other than dropping Team membership.
Please, please do avail yourself of those options if they're the right
answer for your situation.

I'd emphasize also that my email does not demand any action.  I'm not in a
position to demand action, nor am I interested in that approach : I can
only call reality as I see it and suggest some moves to make.  The reality
is there are a handful of GitHub accounts that have a lot of write access
but don't seem to be using it for its obvious purpose, and so one of those
paths forward is probably in order for each.

I'd emphasize further that membership in that write-access-granting-Team is
necessary only for a specific kind of most-active collaboration on the
uPortal codebase.  There are a lot of ways of participating in the uPortal
project; participating in ways that don't require that Team membership
isn't less valuable as such.

Please do let me know what I can do to help more participants to be active
code contributors; I'd like to do it.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--