From: bounce-38002013-70367...@lists.wisc.edu
<bounce-38002013-70367...@lists.wisc.edu> on behalf of Andrew Petro
<apetro.li...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:31 PM
To: uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org
Subject: Re: [uportal-dev] MyUW Beta less-soft launch

JW>  Is the Your Favorites list on the
beta landing page a single framework portlet being rendered?

Nope.

The Your Favorites list and indeed the entire landing page involve no Portlets
rendering whatsoever.

The landing page and the Marketplace ("UW Apps") pages are both implemented in
AngularJS :

https://github.com/UW-Madison-DoIT/angularjs-portal/blob/master/src/main/webapp/partials/main.html

https://github.com/UW-Madison-DoIT/angularjs-portal/tree/master/src/main/webapp/js/main

they consume JSON web services out of the uPortal webapp.

I hope that it will work out to incrementally implement more and more of the
user interface client-side in this way, simplifying the portal server down to
focusing on serving up quality JSON web services to feed such a client-side UI.

But no undue rush, etc: portlets continue to render, and provide the
focused-in-upon experiences of those cards when clicked or launched.  :)

Kind regards,

Andrew

On Tue Dec 02 2014 at 1:35:54 PM James Wennmacher