Hello all,

I was talking to James Wennmacher this morning about the possibility of
including a
gulpfile with uPortal for accelerated development. I've been using one
personally (just in the parent folder) and it seems a bit selfish to
keep that goodness to myself, plus I'm sure somebody out there could
enhance/improve as we love to do. James thought it would be a good idea
for me to run by uportal-dev and see if there's any interest.

Essentially, what I have mirrors what the `ant deploy` task would do,
but only for non-compiled assets (js, json, jsp, xsl, images, etc.). It
typically sees a file change and gets it copies over on the order of
milliseconds which is a great deal better than the tens of seconds or minutes
I've seen with ant.

I tried to make it pretty generic inasmuch as it uses $TOMCAT_HOME
instead of an absolute path, which from what I can tell seems to be the
most important thing for the copying of those assets.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Andrew Stuart

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: