After downloading your toy and playing around with it, I realized I was
wrong to assume Regex.match is server side, reading the source it seems to
use the JSFFI..

My guess now is that some of the compiler heuristics changed since that
library was written.
You're probably going to either want to use the new library you wrote or
attempt to resurrect this old one..