*Dear Partners,*

*Please find below the requirement for Senior Database Administrator with
our Direct client. *

*Please submit your candidates with rate best fit to the position to
pava...@logicplanet.com <pava...@logicplanet.com>, I can be reached at
732-512-0009*121*

*Role:* Senior Database Administrator

*Location:* Charlotte, NC

*Type:* Contract

*Duration:* 9+ months

Key : supporting Netezza appliance environment

Senior Database Administrator for a large Insurance/financial client in
Charlotte, NC. This is a great opportunity to work for a large reputable
company with the latest available technologies.

This position will be responsible for primarily supporting Netezza
appliance environment that will include configuration, administration and
maintenance of business-critical 24x7 non-production and production
environments. The position requires to be part of a team that is
responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available
and mission critical database platforms.

*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *

·         Performs database performance analysis, capacity planning, system
sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance on
Netezza appliance platform

·         Use the NzAdmin/NZMigrate tool for typical administrative tasks,
including Genstats, Groom, and manage Development to Production
environments

·         Perform backup and restore activities

·         Works closely with Developers, Testers, Architects, Business
Analysts and other IT staff to implement Database Administration standards,
policies, methods, and procedures building consensus with all parties

·         Assists application development teams with planning and
implementing database changes as well as query / job optimization

·         Recommend and implement a detailed security design based on
minimum necessary privileges required

·         Create, test, implement and monitor an automated set of
procedures for database and server backups as well as necessary maintenance
procedures

·         Work closely with IBM support to manage hardware/software
failures, appliance upgrades and install patches

·         Troubleshoots difficult database problems, including slow running
queries

·         Participate in after-hours on-call duties as requested

·         Manage workload via prioritization and configuration

·         Integrate with Info Sphere  Data Stage

·         Develop Big data integration and data warehouse best practices

·         Secondary duties will include supporting DB LUW databases

*Requirements: *

·         5+ years of experience in DBA role with 2+ year experience in
Netezza environment

·         Additional experience working in data warehousing and business
intelligence tools, techniques and technology is a plus

·         Must have 5+ years of SQL programming and Performance Tuning
experience

·         Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware including
Servers, Network, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems

·         Expert level experience in administering large databases in
mission critical environment

·         Extensive experience with different backup/restore and disaster
recovery solutions

·         Excellent knowledge of Netezza Architecture and system internals,
including updates and features on new versions

·         Good communication skills, strong Teamwork and organization
skills

·         Positive attitude, problem solving skills and self-initiative are
must qualities

Best Regards,

*Pavan Gurram*

*Logic Planet Inc.*

*Princeton, NJ*

Work: 732 512 0009 x 121 |Fax: 732 512 0003

Email:  pava...@logicplanet.com

  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: We respect your online privacy. This is not an
unsolicited mail. Under Bills 1618 Title iii passed by the 105th US
Congress this mail cannot be considered SPAM as long as we include contact
information and a method to be removed from our mailing list. If you are
not interested in receiving our e-mails then please reply with REMOVE in
the subject line and your ID will be removed from our mailing list. We are
sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, distribution, or
dissemination of this information is strictly prohibited.

*P** Please do not print unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.*