On 12/02/2010 07:19 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
Hi all,

Bob Sneidar-2 wrote:
This is rhetorical, but I wonder if the issue is that the engine cannot
render such an object, or that there are no tools capable of making one
natively. If it is only the latter, then maybe a good future enhancement
would be the ability to import eps vector objects. That way you could make
what you wanted in something like Illustrator and then import it.
[snip]

Actually, some years ago, I published a stack that could import
simple Adobe Illustrator files. this is the more recent version
that could import graphic with gradients:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Eps_Import_V05B.zip

(Many thanks to Andre for offering me this space in his account!)

But the solution that we need is to update the stack SVGL, created by
Ian Macphail, to import gradients and transparency from SVG files:
http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/112/SVGL

Using SVG, we could create and import whole interfaces with
transparency and gradients. The original Adobe Illustrator format
do not offers transparency, so instead of breaking the format,
Adobe replaced it with PDF in new Illustrator versions.

SVG is a standard, so this work could benefit all of us in more
than one way. Notice that I have already worked out the math
for Lineal and Radial gradients in Version 0.5B of the stack EpsImport.

If one of you want to help on this task and Mr. MacPhail agree,
we could start working on this update today.

Have a nice day!

Alejandro

Thanks for both of thse extremely useful resources.