On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Scott Pepperdine wrote:

The image script is:
on mouseup
  answer file "Select your file:"
  if it is  empty exit to top
  set the filename of image "image" to it
end mouseup

The group script is as follows ( just to prove to me this what was happening:
on mouseup
  answer "1033"
end mouseup

You are missing a "then" in the image mouseup script. If this script doesn't compile then perhaps it's ignored and the mouseup message is passed to the group script? I'm surprised that you could close the script editor without an alert while the "if-then" statement lacks a "then", however.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig