On 12/18/10 3:57 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

OSX Livecode 4.5.2

I have this menu:

Stop/1
Back Up/2
Forward/3
Resume/4

the menu appears with "cmd +1" as expected and I could have sworn that
it used to work, but now when I hit the keys, nothing happens. The menu is OK.. if I go to the menu and pull down and choose the item.. it works.

I'm in the IDE ...these same keys are slotted for card navigation; but I
have the development tools suspended....

Any clues?

Where is the focus? If there is an insertion point in a field, or any other control has traversalOn = true and has the focus, and that control has a commandkeydown handler, then the commandkeydown message will be caught there and could be trapped.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig