On 1/21/11 12:47 PM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
On Jan 20, 2011, at 2:12 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

On 1/20/11 10:21 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

For example the entry about the selectionChanged message claims that
it's not triggered by arrow keys, but it is.

Not on my machine -- MacBook, OSX 10.5.8, Rev Studio 4.0.0-gm-1, build
950. Arrowkeys don't trigger selectionChanged. Maybe it's different
in 4.5?

The field needs to have focus first.

If the insertion point is in the field then it has focus, right?

I just double-checked: created a new mainstack, put a new field in it,
put some text into it, and put this in the field script:

on selectionchanged
beep
end selectionchanged

and when I click anywhere in the text to change the insertion point I
get a beep, but when I use the arrowkeys to move the insertion point I
get no beep, just a silent shift of the insertion point.

Oh, sorry, forgot to say it has to be a list field. I haven't checked, but the message may depend on the navigationArrows setting. If you have that set to true then I'm not sure a non-list field will even get an arrowkey message, it may go to the card instead. If I get time I'll experiment and see.