On 1/22/11 5:38 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

...you said:

But lockloc doesn't restrict that for any object.

I took that to mean that lockloc doesn't lock the top left of any
object which is not what the dictionary says.  It wouldn't be the
first time I've found inaccuracies in the dictionary so thought it
worthwhile to confirm if it is correct or not on this issue.  Since I
posted my comment, I've verified that the dictionary is correct.

I was holding off until I could try it so I'm glad you tested it. That's the nice thing about having new(er) people on the list, they see stuff I haven't looked at in years. You're right, and I see now why you made the connection.

This whole mess got started by me reading the following in the
dictionary in the entry for the height property:

"If an object's lockLocation property is false, when you change its
height, it shrinks or grows from the center. The object's top and
bottom edges both shift, while the object's location property stays
the same. If the object's lockLocation property is true, it shrinks
or grows from the top left corner: the object's top edge stays in the
same place, and the bottom edge moves."

I assume the word "object" includes stacks and cards in LC
terminolgy, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Stacks and cards aren't. I get caught out by that once in a while in general-purpose mouseup handlers. For example, in a card script:

on mouseup
 put the number of the mousecontrol
end mouseup