On Feb 15, 2011, at 9:51 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I suspect Kindle will have to be dropped from the iPad and iPhone. I'm
> sure Amazon doesn't have 30% in royalties to cough up to Apple for
> books sold.

That's not good logic. For one thing, people are making fortunes off their 70%,
and I'm sure Amazon don't making more of a fortune. Also, the 30% applies to
subscribers that Apple acquired for the publisher, not ones that the publisher
brought to the app. Here's what the deal is supposed to be,:

"“Our philosophy is simple—when Apple brings a new subscriber to the app, Apple
earns a 30 percent share; when the publisher brings an existing or new
subscriber to the app, the publisher keeps 100 percent and Apple earns
nothing,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “All we require is that, if a publisher
is making a subscription offer outside of the app, the same (or better) offer
be made inside the app, so that customers can easily subscribe with one-click
right in the app."