On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Richmond wrote:

Umm . ..

so I have a field [called fld "TEKST"]full of text and I select some of it with my mouse

I then click on a button that contains the following script:

on mouseUp
   copy the selected of fld "TEKST"
end mouseUp

nix!

now, I've tried "the selectedText" and "the selectedChunk" to no avail . . .

Please advise

First, the traversalon of the button must be false or the selection in the field will be wiped out by the mouseclick before it can to used. With this in place, if you just use:

on mouseUp
   copy
end mouseUp

if should work. An alternative is to put this in the button script:

on mouseenter
   set the selText of me to the selectedtext
end if

on mouseup
   put the selText of me into sText
   set the clipboarddata{"text"] to sText