On 02/16/2011 08:48 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
On 16.02.11 at 11:57 -0600 David C. apparently wrote:
Bob said:
If vendors do not like the deal, they don't have to sign the contract. If users do not like Apple practices, they can avoid buying the product.

What you are overlooking is that vendors like Amazon have already
invested who knows how much, to build and provide first class
applications for Apple products and their customers.

Let us not forget that nobody forces them to use Apple App Store if they are not willing to accept Apple's conditions. They can continue selling as they have been so far. This is quite different from the iOS App Store where it is practically the only selling venue. For some companies with limited marketing reach, 30% cut may well be worth it. Adjustments of this deal will surely follow as marketing forces and loud people have their play, as Richard predicted.

Robert

I just sell things from my website; marvellous; rather like my EFL school; only me, myself and I;

just imagine; I can strut around and pretend to be Steve Jobs all by myself, in the privacy of my own home, and not have to put up with all sorts of know-it-alls telling me to take
flying leaps and so on . . .  :)