On 3/13/11 10:06 AM, James Hurley wrote:

The only one I will have some difficulty with is the Preference item.
In the app I am working on there is no clear need for user
preferences. Maybe I will add something like this: A couple of radio
buttons with the choice:

O -- I would prefer to lose 5 pound.

O -- I would prefer to lose 10 pounds.

Or maybe something about "Less filling" "Better tasting"

I think that'd be great. :) I mentioned before, I think, that my favorite non-preference Preference dialog said something like "We are nonjudgemental, we have no preference."

There's a way to disable the Preferences item in the system menu. I can't remember exactly how (it's in the list archives somewhere) but it may be as simple as just disabling the Preferences item in the menu before building the standalone.

Re-reading my original response, I think I may have over-explained things, since I know you're on a Mac. Hopefully posterity will find it useful, I'm pretty sure you didn't need all that.