On 04/16/2011 01:27 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
Richard,

You'd be surprised how many don't know how to milk a cow

Having milked a cow by hand, and had the beast kick me in the stomach, I would advise
one and all to avoid the experience at all costs.

or wouldn't bother doing so because it is so much easier to buy the milk in the
supermarket. I, for one, could get a cow for free, but I have no place for it
on my balcony.

I have been wondering about our roof; it is tented at about 15 degrees; were it grassed it would be very much in fashion (Richmond's Eco-Roof) and could probably sustain 2 or 3 goats. Unfortunately, having
worked with cows, I know that they have no head for heights.

However; from Bulgaria; Livecode looks like a cow and Metacard looks like a goat. My experience tells me that cows are less bloody-minded than goats, and their milk is considerably preferable . . . :)

I know that their are some people around and about who would be prepared to scramble up onto their roof twice a day to milk a goat; however, I would far rather stick to cow's milk; preferably pasteurised and
bottled by a hygienic dairy, rather than from my roof or your balcony!

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com