Todd Geist wrote:

For example, I am reasonably certain that I will never need to write code
that is compatible with HyperCard, So does that mean that I never need to
use Send, and I can always use Dispatch?

The "send" command has one feature unique to it: the ability to delay its triggering until a specified amount of time has passed:

  send "message" to "object" in 200 millisecs

If the "dispatch" command had that I'd use it exclusively. But for now, there are benefits to both.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World