This works for what I understand the original scenario was. If you click button 1, it waits either until the 10 seconds has elapsed or until button 2 is pressed.

:)

Add 2 buttons to a new stack;

1st button script;
on mouseUp
   set the uFlag of this card to false
   put the millisecs + 10000 into tTime
   repeat until the millisecs > tTime or the uFlag of this card = true
      wait for 100 millisecs with messages
   end repeat
   answer "OK"
end mouseUp