On 7/3/11 10:30 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM, John Craig<j...@splash21.com>  wrote:

The scripts are protected - if I can generate some revenue from the plugin,
then I can dedicate time to developing it further.

I'm not sure exactly the correlation between scripts being protected and
generating revenue from them. I've been involved with this community since
the very start and can't recall anyone ripping off someone else's scripts,
thus causing a loss of revenue to the developer.

I agree we're a pretty good bunch. But I believe most or all the market vendors protect their scripts. Without that, it's too easy for someone to "lend" the script to someone else. I don't begrudge them a bit of protection, and it doesn't seem to have hurt sales.