On 7/5/11 11:22 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
On 7/5/11 11:15 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
Keith Clarke wrote:

> I was using the <a> link description as an analogy to describe
> the required behaviour. It's the effect of a tooltip on text
> within a field that I want to create (and it's good to know
> that this is not a standard thing that I have simply overlooked).
>
> I've tried the message watcher but there don't seem to be any
> messages generated when the mouse traverses a change in textStyle
> - i.e. the cursor doesn't change to a finger when over a link.
> I hadn't really noticed this before but it seems strange as the
> default behaviour. Is there maybe a property switch to enable
> more orthodox cursor behaviour when over links in text?

LC's htmlText supports the name attribute, so you can use something like
this:

<a name="Some text you want to display">Link Label</a>

I take back what I just said about inventing tag names, it doesn't seem
to work now. I could have sworn it used to. So your method is better.

I remember what I was thinking of now. It isn't the tag you can customize, it's the URI. So you can do something like this:

Then use what Richard posted to grab the linktext of the mousechunk to see if it contains "tooltip":

on mousemove x,y
  get the linktext of the mousechunk
  if it contains "tooltip" then
    set the tooltip of me to "This is a tip"
  else
    set the tooltip of me to empty
  end if
end mousemove