On 2019-01-21 09:36, David Bovill via use-livecode wrote:
I've been having issue with my LiveCode installation for a few weeks
now.... basically the script editor slows down to a crawl, and barely
accepts mouse clicks. I also got warning dialogue pop-up from Apple about
Livecode not being compatible with Mojave and future version....

I suspect that the compatibility warning is caused by having set the
'Open in 32-bit mode' checkbox in Finder Get Info on the LiveCode app
in 10.13 and before - an upgraded OS remembers the setting but it isn't
user-visible anymore :|

The Finder setting for which apps launch in 32-bit mode by default is in:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist

From terminal (assuming you have Xcode installed) you can do:

open ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist

Then if you remove the key:

  RootLSArchitecturesForX86_64v2/com.runrev.livecode

Save, then relaunch Finder and then relaunch LC you *should* find LC runs without
the warning (as it will be running in 64-bit mode).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. If anyone knows where a UI for the above option exists in Mojave then please let us know, the above was the only method we found late last year when we had
someone ask in Support about it.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps