Right, well it's more than just prefs, "years ago" I actually used the
architecture of keep a "document" stack inside the standalone. It transparently
saved the users work...

In house, on the LAN, I waffled back and  forth between keeping the "document"
stack on a server and calling it with a "loader/splash engine" ...because that
was the way to serve production apps to volunteers around the world. It so
"neat" they never have to think about upgrades. I may change the engine stack
once in two years....

Looks like I will stick with that from now on

BR

 Bob Sneidar wrote:

    As stated in many prior posts, it's better to keep all your custom settings
that need to be saved between sessions in a prefs file or a database. Otherwise
you set yourself up for a lot of support calls trying to deal with user
permissions and sandboxing both now and in the future.