Hi,

I have written an Applescript that reads the headers and contents of selected
emails in Apple Mail.  I am trying to decide to simplest method of importing
this data into Livecode to allow it to be sorted and formatted etc.  Each email
is a record with a number of fields the largest field is the contents of the
email and this may contain quotes, tabs and other characters.  I aim to do the
minimum in Applecript so I don’t wish to process the data but I can use any
output format that I devise.

A record contains the following fields : DateSent; From; To; Subject and Content

Any ideas on a simple methodology of how to format the data so that it is
simple to process using Livecode’s chunk expressions?

best wishes

Simon