On 2019-06-25 03:07, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
On 6/24/2019 8:24 PM, dunbarx--- via use-livecode wrote:
Confirmed here.
I have never really tried any of the things you mentioned, but no messages at all are sent to the group I just made.  Interestingly, and consistent so far, double clicking within the group boundary, but not in any child control, opens the inspector for the card. So although the dictionary talks about many properties of groups, and states that it is a control in its own right, it does not seem to have much body outside of its children. This even though one can make the group red as a beet. The "object" certainly exists, and has a multitude of properties. It just doesn't seem to be quite there.
Craig

Thanks for the confirmation.

However, what I'd really like is someone from the mothership to chime in?

The behavior of groups re mouse messages (and the lack there of) has been the same as long as I can remember (which is back to around version 2.0).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/