The effective rect of the stack is the absolute rect of the window including
the title, all of the borders (where there are any) and and the decorations.
Thus, the top will be (say) 22 pixels less than the rect of the stack.

You can subtract the upper left of the working screenRect from either to get a
rectangle within the working area. (Don't forget that the dock might be on the
left.)

Slightly related: If the window is over the IDE toolbar, the rect and effective
rect of the stack are off by the height of the tool bar. It seems to have
assumed that it shifted the window to be below it.