On 8/4/19 3:00 PM, dsc--- via use-livecode wrote:
I'm unsure how often 800 or so changes. I'll call it 800, it is just a name.
Values can range from 0 through 800.

You can map a number in that range to 0-1 by dividing by 800. That is,
scaled1(n) is n/800.

I guess you want to map each number n in that into one of 101 bins, 0 through
100.

Yes - that's a weighted mean.
Here's a simple explanation
https://sciencing.com/calculate-weighted-average-5328019.html

...and no, Hermann, it's (you'd think I'd know better than to argue with a real mathematician here, but...) not lying, it's the addition of another variable.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com