On 10/2/19 6:59 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
I would love to see a publish and subscribe system in the engine for use in Standalone.

I made a PubSub dispatcher library some years ago. If the livecodeshare or whatever it's called now website is back in operation it should be there. But not having to use Yet Another Library within the IDE is awesome. In the past this has only been useful to a proscribed set of messages and stacks which has been limiting. My PowerTools plugin, for instance, has some unused controls that are necessary because other places in the IDE send mouseUp messages to controls that are expected to exist in particular places. Decoupling those messages through publishing and subscribing removes the dependency and the need for in-depth knowledge of the internal workings of other stacks. And leads the way for the IDE to be a framework for a collection of independent stacks.

Ah... found it.
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/714/Publish-and-Subscribe

That took some doing. Any idea why livecodeshare is at runrev.com instead of livecode.com/org whatever? I would have thought there would at least be a redirect, but livecodeshare.livecode.com just throws a 404.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com