I don't get a beep, but can confirm I get the same result as you as in nothing
happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode <use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com> On Behalf Of Trevor
DeVore via use-livecode
Sent: 21 October 2019 15:50
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>
Cc: Trevor DeVore <li...@mangomultimedia.com>
Subject: mnemonic working on Windows in LC 9?

Does using the mnemonic key to display a menu on Windows work for anybody else
in LC 9? I just did the following test and all I hear is a beep:

1. Launch LC 9 on Windows 10.
2. Press the ALT key. The letter represented by the mnemonic setting of each
menu in the Toolbar is underlined.
3. Press the letter of one of the menus (e.g. "F"). All I hear is a beep when
the File menu should appear.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps