I've seen something similar - on Mac - it may be the same in which case I have some hope for you.

The bug I've seen is that I make some changes, run the script, am surprised that my changes haven't fixed the behaviour I'm trying to correct. Twiddle the script, swear, same. I try setting a breakpoint on the code, it doesn't fire.

Then I set a breakpoint in another script, which calls this one; and step into the handler that I've been editing. At that point it seems that I am stepping into the version of the code that I've been editing - and my fixes take effect and all is well.

So, my inference is that the script editor is holding on to the latest version of the script; but that 'apply' is not doing its job, and - if this is the same as the bug you've seen - the script is also not being actually saved to the object. But stepping into the script in the debugger seems to break it out of this dissociative state - so then you can save the script, and save the stack, and keep your changes.

No recipe, but I've seen this a number of times, most recently yesterday.