On 1/10/20 1:47 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
This has been the case since version 1!

Yes, back before Apple encouraged us to reverse the behavior to make Macs act more like iPhones. And I think on Windows and Linux it still acts as before.

Imagine a scrolling field with its scroll set to zero. Click underneath the thumb, or if you're not on Mac, click the lower down arrow. The field scrolls one increment (page or line) and now its scroll is no longer zero, it has incremented by one lineheight or pageheight.

Click the top arrow, or click above the thumb, and the field scroll decrements back to zero.

When Apple decided to make us use fields like mobile apps do, the behavior reversed. I never did get used to that so I've kept my Mac scrollers the old way.