Shell() always uses the default folder path. Example (mac/Linux):

Set the defaultFolder to specialFolderPath(“home”)
put shell(“ls”)
Breakpoint
Set the defaultFolder to specialFolderPath(“documents”)
put shell(“ls”)
Breakpoint

I put any non native shell commands I want into my engine path, especially for
standalones.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd