Hi Richard,

> Am 14.02.2020 um 17:53 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Klaus wrote:
>
> >> Am 14.02.2020 um 17:09 schrieb Richard Gaskin:
> >> Left alignment is the default so those columns render well without
> >> modification.
> >
> > Yes, but as you can see in my picture, you DID take a look, didn't you
> > 8-),
> > the third columns ARE in fact right aligned but only the TOTAL...
> > lines are not!
> I've been looking at this one:
> https://major-k.de/temp/revprintfield.jpg
> There I see the right-most column right-aligned in the LC version only. In
> the PDF the entire column appears left-aligned, apparently ignoring the
> field's tabAlign property.
> This is what we expect after reviewing the revPrintingLibrary code, since
> "tabAlign" doesn't appear anywhere in the library, until we add it.
> Do you have another image showing the PDF output where any portions of any
> column are right-aligned while other columns are left-aligned?

oh my, how embarrassing! :-/
Sorry, obviously I did look too long at my picture, you are of course
completely right, all columns are left aligned.

> If you do that would seem a deeper issue, perhaps in the engine, since
> nothing in revPintingLibrary currently supports differing column alignments.
> Indeed, based on what we can read in the code, adding the one line to set the
> tabAlign resolves the issue.

No, after applying your fix, the right aligned collumn is completely gone/not
printed!?

> In your case, bringing the last tabstop in a bit, or perhaps adding a
> trailing tabstop after the ones you have in place, should account for the
> additional margins present in the print stack to have that last column
> visible.

I added a dummy tabstop after my right aligned third column, but that did not
change anything.

I have a workaround with "print this cd", so lets wait and see what the
mothership says...

> --
> Richard Gaskin

Best