David V Glasgow wrote:

> The interactivity within LC is no problem.  The user effectively
> creates a ‘dashboard’ profile representing their own assessment of
> multiple risk factors at play in a particular case.  Currently, a
> representation of the resultant profile can then be captured as static
> image or PDF.  To keep the dashboard as clean as possible, within the
> app, explanatory notes are hidden unless labels are clicked.  I was
> wondering if it might be possible to retain just this aspect of
> functionality.  So someone viewing previously saved profiles could
> access pop-up explanatory notes.  It seems to me that PDF could offer
> that, but 1 it is hard to do and 2 many PDF viewers don’t offer the
> interactivity promised by Adobe.
>
> I did briefly consider HTML, but wanted to deliver a single file as
> the output, and an image of the dashboard profile is essential.

Being an LC fanboy I'd suggest making a viewer app in LC for these documents. :)

But ePub may be an excellent choice here: the format is essentially HTML/CSS in a Zip wrapper - all the things we love about HTML/CSS, delivered in a tidy single file.

You could write an exporter from your stack if you need to do it often.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems